**PHP Backend Developer (f/m)**
Our mission is to build a global platform for successful high-volume photography.
fotograf.de provides photographers with the leading online shop system for selling photos. We have revolutionised the special moment of a child growing up from a child’s first day at nursery right through to their prom night.
Every year, we help record those all essential childhood memories of millions of children and we aim to reach a whopping 10 million in 2017. With our goals in mind, we want to make these numbers become a reality, which is why we need talented people like you to help build, support and grow our already successful platform into something phenomenal.
At the beginning of the year we shifted our focus to larger customers in high volume photography, which includes nurseries, schools and various events in a more international setting. In the course of this, we have had to deal with quick growth and various complexities such as new languages, systems, countries, and requirements. On top of this, we are dealing with millions of new photos each month.
We now have two main challenges: Firstly, we are migrating from a monolithic system (built with CakePHP) to a more distributed system based on micro services. Secondly, we want to rapidly expand our development team in the next 12 months to fulfil all the requirements of our new customer group.
• At least 2 years of practical experience in the development of well-tested web-applications with PHP (work experience,Open Source or personal projects)
• In-depth knowledge of distributed and scalable system architectures / web service
• In-depth knowledge of OOP and MVC design patterns and have skills in relevant frameworks
• Knowledge in the field of performance optimisation, scalable architectures and/or Amazon web services
• English on a native speaker level
• German and photography skills are a plus, not a must
• Challenging tasks and a steep learning curve
• An international team with flat hierarchies and a dynamic and inspiring working atmosphere
• Continuous training possibilities and room for further personal development
• English as our working language and on-site German language classes
• An office located in the heart of Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg
• Healthy snacks (fruits & cereals), water, hot drinks, and lots of team events
We recruit people with talent, curiosity and the essential skills for our business. If you would like to become part of our success story and think you would make a great addition to our team, we will gladly receive your application in English or German at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your **best code samples (ideally based on a MVC framework)** a cover letter, CV, your earliest starting date, salary expectations, and relevant references.