Do you want to explore, define and validate new business opportunities for Vattenfall and help drive the energy turnaround in Europe? We are now looking for an experienced and ambitious
**Working Student (m/f) Business Development (Open Innovation platform green:field)**
in our Business Area Wind.
The working time is **20 hours / week with a limited contract**. The location is **Berlin**.
You will be a part of the unit Business Development in Business Area Wind. This Business United is responsible for creating new businesses for Vattenfall from other renewable sources (e.g. solar) as well as storage opportunities (e.g. batteries) and develop other innovative business models, including disruptive developments and decentralized energy generation.
green:field is constantly looking for new business models and services to offer to Vattenfall’s customers, and aims to use the cooperation with external and internal entrepreneurs to open new markets and business opportunities in renewable energy. Being a ‘single point of contact’, green:field connects external startups with suitable experts from Vattenfall, and also collecting new business ideas from Vattenfall employees.
**Key responsibilities and duties**
Drive activities on the green:field platform:
– Help grow and run the innovation platform green:field Manage small projects in the daily operations of the innovation program
– Assist in stakeholder management: communicate and coordinate external startup partners and internal Vattenfall experts
– Assist in evaluating business models from external and internal entrepreneurs
– Assist in developing new business opportunities
– Evaluate new developments in the energy industry and identify innovative business opportunities
– Create effective communication materials, e.g. reports and documents
**Requirements and desired skills**
We are looking for someone with an engineering or commercial background who wants to dive into the world of innovation in the energy sector.
– You are currently studying in a relevant field, e.g. business/economics, engineering, energy management (or any other course as long as you convince us of why you are a great fit for the role) and are at least in the third semester of your Bachelor’s degree or in your master’s degree
– You are a self-starter and work best when given freedom in your work. You ask for help and guidance when needed and think beyond the task at hand, making suggestions wherever you see room for improvement
– You are a great communicator who is able to listen, brings a message across clearly, retrieves information needed and furthermore know how to adapt to your audience
– Excellent Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) knowledge
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Structured way of working
– Solution and results orientation
– Team player, self-motivated, proactive, creative mindset – we love new ideas
– Fluency in English and German, written and spoken
**What can you expect?**
– Flexible working hours (up to 20 hours per week)
– Responsibility, autonomy and flexibility
– Professional development opportunities
– Working on exciting stuff to drive the energy turnaround in Europe
– Working at Vattenfall means more than ‚just‘ having an interesting job in a result-oriented culture. Here you will be part of a challenging, complex and international work environment.
– We offer our employees competitive remuneration, training opportunities and personal development.
At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of age, religion, gender identity & expression, sexual identity, disability and ethnic background.
Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest generators of electricity and the largest producer of heat. The Vattenfall Group has about 20,000 employees. Vattenfall’s core markets are Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands. The Group also conducts business in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Poland and the UK. The Parent Company, Vattenfall AB, is fully owned by the Swedish state.
The Vattenfall Business Area Wind runs all offshore and onshore wind projects (development, construction and execution) and manages as well as operates wind farms
(offshore and onshore) in our core markets. In addition, the BA takes care of identifying profitable growth options for any other kind of renewable energy sources and of developing solutions for system integration of renewable energy sources.
For more information about the job you are welcome to contact Ms Charlotte Behm via phone +49 3081824790, for information about the recruitment process please contact Mr Thomas Macht, via phone +49 40790221618.
The closing date of the vacancy is January 31st, 2018.