We are working on making the world a happier place by giving people the right tools to live a happy, flourishing and fulfilled life. Workout for Happiness is a 3 and 6-month reconditioning program where people work on themselves on the mental, physical and social levels in an intense but fun way! We are an early-stage Startup and are looking for a UI/ Graphic Designer to fill an internship position.
You will report directly to the Founders of Workout for Happiness and be involved in creating the UI for the Workout for Happiness App as well as various forms of marketing/advertising materials. Apart from playing an influential role in creating its first look and communicating the mission of Workout for Happiness, we offer you the unique opportunity to significantly contribute to the company’s early growth. Moreover, you will gain insight into product management and all other departments and be the growth hacker of a young tech Startup in the heart of Berlin.
We offer an opportunity to:
* Work on a product with a purpose: our sole aim is to help change the world for the better.
* Collaborate closely with the Founders and play an active role in determining the look of the company’s first ever UI and communication materials. Possibility for UX design opportunities.
* Design visual design mockups, sketches, wireframes, storyboards, interactive prototypes.
* Create clear and engaging graphic communication material for print and web. This includes direct mail pieces, web site and social media graphics, posters, flyers, brochures, branded promotional items and other marketing materials, as needed.
* Work at one of Europe’s most thrilling tech hubs – The Factory Berlin – neighbouring with unicorns Uber, Soundcloud, Google for Entrepreneurs, among others.
We provide you with the monthly Factory membership with which you can attend Factory events, Fireside chats, workshops etc.
* At the beginning, the opportunity is a full-time 3-month unpaid internship with possibility for extension/pay.
Who we are looking for?
* You have a strong understanding of the importance of giving back to society.
* You are in 3rd semester of your degree or later (ideally you have finished your entire Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field) and demonstrate a good average or can otherwise prove that you are the top performer we are looking for.
* 1 – 2 years of experience in UI design – UX experience is a plus.
* 1 – 2 years of experience in creating print and web ads, flyers and/or other promotional materials.
* You are proficient in and have access to Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and other common design and layout programs.
* Ideally you have prior internship experience where you have shown dedication and a hands-on mentality – Startup experience is a plus.
* You like to drive the growth of a young Startup and have a passion for the happiness, health and well-being industries – Previous experience in those fields are a plus.
* You are fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For more information on the Workout for Happiness program, please visit: www.workoutforhappiness.com
Interested in joining our team?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with “Graphic Design Internship” in the subject line. Remember to include your resume, portfolio samples, earliest start date, availability and one example of something that makes you happy. We look forward to hearing from you!