**Senior Big Data Developer (Scala) (f/m)**
This is truly a chance of a lifetime. At adsquare you will be part of a rapidly growing ad tech startup that will add a totally new dimension to the world of mobile advertising. With our data exchange platform, we enable contextual and relevant advertising experiences through online and offline data sources to deliver valuable audience insights.
Due to the technicality of our solution, we at adsquare provide you with a great opportunity to dive into a developer role that will have you solve a great deal of exciting “problems” from day one. As our API has to be low-latency (normally responses <2ms) and has to scale (we today process hundreds of thousands requests every second), we also need to ensure that algorithms, data structures and data architecture are developed in a very optimized, yet structured way.
We use SCALA and AKKA in combination with Spark/Spark Streaming and Cassandra for data architecture, and we expect our ideal candidate to be on top of those technologies, and even be able to teach us a thing or two. A good understanding of Big Data, efficient data structures and low latency programming are a must for this role, as they are the foundations of our market leading solution.
– Expert level JVM development skills, with fluency in both Scala and Java.
– Experience with using big data solutions like Cassandra, AKKA, Spark (Spark Streaming), HDFS and Kafka in a production environment.
– Full lifecycle development experience building high throughput/low latency architectures
– Test-Driven Development (Unit, Integration)
– Continuous Integration knowledge (GIT, Gradle/Maven, CI-System, Docker etc.) is a plus
– Deep understanding of distributed systems
– Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
– Keen to analyse architecture and software design in terms of scalability, testability and maintenance as well as develop optimization recommendations
– Very good spoken and written English, ideally also German
– A high level of responsibility from the very first day
– Work closely with and lead other development team members
– Agile, focused, yet relaxed atmosphere with flexible working hours
– Competitive compensation package
– And… a large reservoir of free drinks, snacks and fruits!
If you are looking for a challenging position in a fast-moving tech-startup and want to make a difference you shouldn’t think twice and send your full application in English or German to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**adsquare Interview Tips**
– Preparation, curiosity and an open mindset make a great first impression on us
– Creative CVs, preppy style and fluffy self-promotion bore us to tears
We are looking forward to meeting you soon!
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on the startup ecosystem in Berlin.
You have Successfully Subscribed!