We are currently looking for a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f)
Together with our lead developer you will be responsible for the stability of our cloud infrastructure. You will improve the architecture and add features to the cloud service. Our cloud service forms the backbone of Panono’s infrastructure. It communicates with the Panono iOS- and Android Apps, organizes the users’ panoramas and connects to the web frontend to allow the users work with their data.
In detail, your tasks include:
• Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Java services in a DevOps manner
• Monitor and maintain the infrastructure
• Facilitate collaboration and communication with other engineers and internal stakeholders
• Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team
• 4+ years backend web development experience with a special high quality code
• Experience with JVM based languages e.g. Java8, Scala
• Very good understanding of micro service based architectures e.g. Spring Cloud, Netflix Stack
• Proven understanding of SQL & NoSQL databases as well as the internals e.g. Postgres, Cassandra
• Good working knowledge of AWS and GCE
• DevOps experience e.g. Saltstack, Packer
• Proficient English is required, German is a plus
• Understanding of messaging systems is a plus e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka
• Monitoring log-in and tracing software is a plus e.g. Logstash, Kibana, Zipkin, Promtheus
• International team with flat hierarchies
• Open-minded working environment
• Fair compensation and various options for training and specialization
• Exciting job in the heart of Berlin
Please send your detailed application to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know your salary expectations and earliest possible starting date.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.