**Product Manager (f/m)**
Our mission is to build a global platform for successful high-volume photography.
fotograf.de provides photographers with the leading online shop system for selling photos in Germany. We have revolutionised the way how photographers deliver a highly emotional ‘product’ to their customers: photographs of every special moment of a child growing up from a child’s first day at nursery right through to their prom night. With a base of thousands of paying photographers, we fulfil hundreds of thousands of orders every year – and therefore double the amount of orders year by year.
Now, we are internationalizing to UK and France. To even increase our success, we want to dramatically improve our product.
Your Responsibilities and Tasks:
You will closely work with our development and customer success team. At the moment, our Development team is still rather small – Gustav, Martin and Ilkka (PHP Backend development), David (UX / Frontend) and Marco (CTO). In 2016 we want to scale our development to 12 team members.
To accomplish this, we need you! Your mission is to establish Product Management as a dedicated function to prepare our growth. You should bring with you, your best practices to ensure that a) your team works as efficiently as possible even though it is growing at a rapid pace and b) the right features are released in a timely manner. In the second half of 2016, we will hire the second Product Manager that will support you.
• Define your features. Write specs and user stories, create mockups, prototypes and test plans. Communicate with Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Operations and customers while incorporating feedback you receive.
• Create and maintain your team’s roadmap and milestones. Prioritise yourself and your team’s work as well as manage the backlog to ensure that we’re working on those features with the highest priority.
• Manage the daily workflow with a team of developers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
• Analyse the user impact of product features, define key metrics for success and optimize user flows using controlled experiments and user testing.
• Ensure we ship well-crafted products in a timely manner.
• You have 3 years Product Management experience in a well-run team.
• You have an amazing product sense, understand goals of our customers and have a deep desire to build world-class products that are different from what exists today.
• With your very strong technical understanding you translate requirements from customers / customer facing teams to Development.
• You’re metrics driven: You select the right metrics to optimize and build a clear path towards attaining our aggressive goals.
• You have a mindset of talking to customers, testing and building prototypes before building full-fledged features.
• You have an excellent command of German and English.
• Challenging tasks and a steep learning curve
• An international team with flat hierarchies and a dynamic and inspiring working atmosphere
• Continuous training possibilities and room for further personal development
• English as our working language and on-site German language classes
We recruit people with talent, curiosity and the essential skills for our business. If you would like to become part of our success story and think you would make a great addition to our team, we will gladly receive your application in English or German at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, CV, your earliest starting date, salary expectations, and relevant references.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on the startup ecosystem in Berlin.
You have Successfully Subscribed!