**Freelance Data Engineer – of a recognized key player in innovating German AI**
We are a Berlin-based pioneer and market leader providing data-driven technology and innovation intelligence since 2011. Our algorithms identify key players, driving technologies and trends based on global patent, science, press and web publications. As a team of data scientists and consultants we help companies identify the opportunities and threats of tomorrow’s technology innovations.
We are looking for a senior-level freelance data engineer. Your mission will be to consolidate and maintain MAPEGY’s current data warehousing infrastructure, ensure quality and up-to-dateness of data, and help build future solutions for our growing data storage and management needs. You would start to work 2-3 days a week with the opportunity to extend your contribution.
– Ensure performance, security, and availability of PostgreSQL databases
– Troubleshoot database-related application performance issues
– Be an expert in performance tuning, backup/recovery, and capacity planning
– Import and integrate data from various sources into the data warehouse
– Ensure data quality by implementing data profiling, cleansing, and change
– Write and maintain scripts to automate these complex tasks
5 years of professional, hands-on experience with PostgreSQL are required, including:
– Architecting and implementing complex ETL solutions
– Understanding of all aspects of database configuration and SQL query tuning
– Mastery of writing complex SQL queries for the preparation, fusion,
integration, deduplication, and cleansing of large datasets
– Familiarity with backup and recovery strategies
Also required are a strong proficiency of working and scripting in a Unix/Linux environment, and good commandment of the English language. We would love to see an interest and ability to investigate and learn the following skills:
– Data mining (programming in Python, R)
– Scaling the capacity of a database using techniques like caching or sharding
– Big data technologies, such as NoSQL databases (redis, neo4j, mongoDB,
OrientDB, Cassandra), information retrieval (Apache Lucene) or distributed
computing (Apache Spark)
**WHAT WE OFFER?**
– Flex your analytical skills, help us transform Big Data into actionable insights
that our customers will use to drive innovation
– Challenge yourself, working with a rich and highly heterogeneous dataset
– Get to know our flexible, fun working atmosphere in the heart of Berlin with
– Feel the heightened sense of opportunity and responsibility
**ARE YOU INTERESTED?**
Send your resume AND cover letter to Dr. Peter Walde (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on the startup ecosystem in Berlin.
You have Successfully Subscribed!