MediaMath is experiencing continued growth in all of our many global Markets. As a result, we are looking to recruit an Accountant for our Berlin office
*Purpose of the role:*
In connection with the Company’s operations in Germany, we need a fluent German speaker who can come in and take ownership and responsibility for transaction processing for our German-based operations, but also provide support (as needed) to the rest of the EMEA operations.
This includes (but is not limited to):
– Billing & invoicing
– Accounts receivable and collections
– Accounts payable and cash disbursements
– Payroll review and coordination with HR
– Staff expense reimbursements
– Month end closing (accruals, depreciation, prepayments)
– Submit VAT-return (monthly) and EC-Sales list (quarterly) via Elster (German Online Portal for tax submissions to the German tax authorities)
– Credit card reconciliations
Other general duties include the processing of journals and the creation monthly financial reports to the US finance team, along with Germany management team.
– Fluency in German & English
– Knowledge of German GAAP and working knowledge of German tax system
– Good communication and organizational skills
– 3 – 4 Years’ experience in a financial role
– The ability to multi-task and handle numerous tasks simultaneously
– A methodical approach to enable processes to run smoothly and
Advantageous To Have:
– Multi-currency experience
– Marketing and/or technology industry experience
– Intermediate or higher excel skills
– Experience of working within a small, but growing team
– Working remotely with business partners
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on the startup ecosystem in Berlin.
You have Successfully Subscribed!